ACIDD Newsletter 1.2
Post date: Dec 1, 2011 7:55:33 AM
ACIDD Newsletter 1.2
Brought to you by the
Anatolia College Instructional Design and Development department
- Anatolia College on the TEDxAthens stage
- Anatolia College at the 2011 Global Education Conference
- Interactive whiteboard software on faculty lounge computers [High School]
- Classroom technology locker important security notice [High School]
- Partners in Learning - Microsoft's challenge for innovative teachers [Elementary & High School]
- Imagine Cup 2012 challenge [ACT]
- The 2011 Educators Choice Awards
- The 2011 Edublogs awards
- Upcoming webinars
- Tip of the week
- Tool of the week
- Article of the week
- Where and when to find us
- This issue's contributor(s) - join us!
- Previous issues
1. Anatolia College on the TEDxAthens stage
Two months ago, Dr Haido Samaras, Director of Instructional Design and Development, submitted her idea, the joint effort implementation of Anatolia teachers, students, alumni and technical staff, the Anatolia College Science and Technology Annual Conference (ACSTAC) to the TEDxAthens Challenge website, which was featured on issue 1.1 of this newsletter. ACSTAC was selected among 153 ideas and went on to the next phase, where 10 ideas were open to vote by the public.
Both the vote and the selection committee, chose ACSTAC to be in the 3 finalists, so Dr Haido Samaras and her team will be presenting ACSTAC on Saturday, December 3rd at the TEDxAthens conference. You can follow the event on Twitter, using the official hashtag #TEDxAth.
2. Anatolia College at the 2011 Global Education Conference
The second Global Education conference was a huge success, with over 300 presentations from educators worldwide. Anatolia College faculty participated with the following presentations:
- Create, Learn and Connect Through Digital Stories
- Lydia Roupakia (English Teacher, High School) & Dimitris Tzouris (Instructional Technologist)
- Click here to view the recording
- Getting a Sense of the Whole Game: The Idea of Scientific Conferences as Educational Simulations
- Haido Samaras, Director of Instructional Design and Development department
- Click here to view the recording
Anatolia College is a partner organization and the Instructional Design and Development department is actively involved in the confrence's International Advisory Board and will further support this great initiative in the years to come.
3. Interactive whiteboard software on faculty lounge computers [High School]
We have started installing the interactive whiteboard software (IQ Board) on faculty lounge computers. A side computers are finished and B side will be done next week. This will give faculty the opportunity to use the software and practice during breaks or free time between classes.
4. Classroom technology locker important security notice [High School]
Please don't forget to place the projector remote and interactive pen on the top, sliding shelf (next to the mouse) when using the technology locker in classrooms. This top, sliding shelf is better protected because there is no opening at the back. The bottom (steady) shelf is not safe and students can have easy access to the remote and interactive pen from the opening at the back.
5. Partners in Learning - Microsoft's challenge for innovative teachers [Elementary & High School]
The 7th Partners in Learning challenge by Microsoft is on! The company seeks innovative elementary and high school teachers. Submission deadline is January 16th, 2012. Visit the Partners in Learning website to read more. The website is in Greek.
6. Imagine Cup 2012 challenge [ACT]
Tertiary education students can apply to Microsoft's Imagine Cup 2012 challenge and submit their idea on software programming, game design or mobile app development. Visit the Imagine Cup 2012 challenge to read more. The website is in Greek, but the registration form is in English.
7. The 2011 Educators Choice Awards
View the prize-winning teaching and learning materials, submitted at the 2011 Educators Choice Awards competition,organized by Adobe.
8. The 2011 Edublogs awards
The purpose of the Edublog awards is to promote and demonstrate the educational values of social media. The best aspects include that it creates a fabulous resource for educators to use for ideas on how social media is used in different contexts, with a range of different learners while creating an invaluable resource of the best-of-the-best on the web!
9. Upcoming webinars
The OpenClass Learning Environment
Motivating Students with Digital Magic
Showcase Your Talents: Building ePortfolios for Teachers and Students
Mobile Apps for Creating Special Holiday Gifts
Google Sites: Web Sites Made Simple, Part 2
Bring Shakespeare to Life with Online Discussions
Empowering Kids to Make a Global Difference
Exploring Digital Citizenship: Teaching Copyright Issues
10. Tip of the week
How often do you have something scheduled at 3am? What about 10pm? If the answer is almost never, you might want to try out the Hide morning and night lab in the online Calendar, powered by Google. You can read more here.
11. Tool of the week
Those of you who were inspired by Salman Khan's project are going to love this. In the wake of the Khan Academy, you can now make your own or help your students create their own tutorial videos and help other people learn! It's the Upside Down Academy! You'll definitely enjoy it!
12. Article of the week
13. Where and when to find us
To check out our contact details, as well as live information on our whereabouts and availability, click here:
14. This issue's contributor(s) - join us!
We would like to thank this week's contributor to our newsletter, Dr Dimitris Grekinis, Associate Professor at ACT. Anyone wishing to contribute can simply email the editor at email@example.com
15. Previous issues
You can read previous issues of the ACIDD Newsletter here: